Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Almost time to say goodbye.

 Ed’s house is clean, renovated, ready for sale. It is an enormous relief to walk though it, especially if you’ve been there from the start. It’s been 11 months since he died, 11 months since I went over to have the locks changed. This last weekend was the second of two Open Houses. It’s actually very nice. It’s sad that he never got to enjoy the house in this state. 

I hope it will sell before we hit a year. Who knew how long it would be? I’m glad I didn’t. At least we are on this side of it.  I hope that when it sells, he will Rest In Peace, and the new owners will bring it life, a new soul. 

The mail has been forwarded to Liz, and hopefully with no more to the house. Soon enough my duties will be done. I’ll likely go by and tell the house/him goodbye. Jen came out for Mom’s birthday dinner and had a good look around the house. It helped her with closure, a bit of relief. 


Goodbye Ed. Rest well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment